“Zaatar Chicken” is a dish that has gained popularity in cuisine due to its unique flavor and rich tradition. Often, chicken is marinated with zaatar and roasted, but in this recipe, we will show you a special way to prepare it that preserves the integrity of zaatar and imparts exceptional flavor.
Zaatar Chicken Recipe
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 50 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 4-6 chicken thighs or 1 whole chicken in quarters
For the Marinade:
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of regular olive oil or a generous drizzle
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of seven spices
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
For the Mixture:
- 1 tablespoon of dried zaatar leaves
- 3-4 tablespoons of regular olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Begin by peeling the onions and garlic, then blend them in a blender until you obtain a thick paste (or finely chop them). Then, place them in a dish or bowl where you will marinate the chicken.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt, lemon juice, seven spices, turmeric, sumac, and black pepper to the onion and garlic mixture, along with a generous drizzle of regular olive oil.
- Wash the chicken and season it with salt and pepper before adding it to the marinade. Make sure to massage the marinade into the chicken, even under the skin.
- Let the chicken marinate overnight if possible or for at least a few hours.
- When you are ready to cook the chicken, take it out approximately an hour before and let it come to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Roast the chicken in the preheated oven until it turns golden and is cooked through.
This “Zaatar Chicken” is a delight that combines culinary tradition with the exceptional flavor of zaatar. Enjoy this unique dish that is sure to be a favorite on your table!
In this article, I will guide you through the Manouche zaatar recipe and share some interesting insights about this tasty bread. Get ready to discover a unique culinary experience!