In the constant quest to discover authentic and exquisite flavors, we present to you the exciting Shish Barak recipe. This traditional dish from Arab cuisine embodies the perfect combination of the smoothness of minced lamb and the freshness of natural yogurt. Immerse yourself in the aromas and flavors of the Middle East as we guide you through the steps to recreate this culinary delight in the comfort of your home.
Shish Barak Recipe – Ingredients:
- 400 grams of Wheat Flour
- 1 cup of Milk
- 1 tablespoon of Sugar
- 200 grams of Minced lamb
- 1 Small chopped Onion
- 1 tablespoon of Pepper
- 500 grams of Natural yogurt
- 2 beaten Eggs
- 5 grams of Mint
- Olive oil
- A pinch of Salt
- A pinch of Pepper
Preparation, Shish Barak
- We begin our culinary journey by mixing wheat flour with milk, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Knead with dedication until you achieve a uniform dough. Once this harmony is reached, let the dough rest for 1 or 2 hours, allowing it to relax and take shape.
- We move on to the fascinating filling that gives character to our Shish Barak. In a pan, sauté the chopped onion until it becomes tender and translucent. Then, add the minced lamb, seasoning with pepper and salt to taste. Cook over low heat until the meat is juicy and full of flavor.
- Once the dough has rested and revitalized its strength, roll it out on a flat surface using a rolling pin. Carefully and precisely, cut small circles using a mold as a guide.
- Each circle gracefully embraces the previously prepared meat filling. Fold the circle in half, embracing the filling, and then fold it again, thus sealing the two ends and shaping our exquisite flavor pouches.
- The adventure continues as we repeat this process with each piece of filled dough. Tenderly place them on a lightly floured tray, anticipating their next stage of culinary transformation.
- Our culinary journey now takes us to the preparation of the captivating yogurt sauce. In a bowl, mix the natural yogurt with the beaten eggs. With patience and love, transfer this mixture to a saucepan over low heat, making sure to stir constantly. When the mixture begins to bubble enthusiastically, add two cups of water, fragrant mint, and a pinch of salt. The dance of flavors and textures is in full swing as we continue stirring with dedication.
- The time has come to bring all the main actors together in a culinary harmony. Gently introduce the delicate pouches of filled dough into the luxurious yogurt sauce, allowing them to absorb the nuances of the mixture. Cook this symphony for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring gently and carefully at regular intervals.
- The culmination of our journey is in sight. Remove the preparation from the heat and let it rest for 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to reach their fullness and merge into a symphony of delight. With anticipation, serve this delicacy on individual plates, ready to be enjoyed and appreciated in its entirety.
Shish Barak Recipe
The Shish Barak recipe is not just an invitation to taste unique flavors but also a window to the rich Arab culinary tradition. With patience and passion, you will immerse yourself in a gastronomic experience that will captivate your senses and transport you to the cobblestone streets of the Middle East. Enjoy every bite and share this exquisite dish with those who appreciate the art of authentic cuisine!