In this instance, I present to you the walnut baklava recipe. Baklava is an Arab dessert made with a paste of crushed pistachios or walnuts, distributed in phyllo dough and bathed in syrup or honey syrup.
There are various variations that incorporate hazelnuts and almonds, among other nuts, and kaymak, originating from Middle Eastern cuisine. This exquisite and exotic dessert is characteristic of the Middle East and is prepared with phyllo dough and your imagination! Learn to prepare the best and most delicious walnut baklava recipe!!!
WALNUT BAKLAVA RECIPE
- 200 grams of melted butter
- 2 1/2 cups of walnuts
- 1 cup of blanched almonds (*optional)
- Zest of 1 orange
- Generous pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 18 sheets of phyllo dough
PREPARATION OF WALNUT BAKLAVA:
- Melt the butter, allowing it to lightly brown, as this will add an extra level of nutty flavor to your baklava.
- Place the walnuts and almonds in the bowl of a food processor and process until you have coarse crumbs.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the orange zest, salt, cinnamon, and a quarter of the melted butter. Mix well.
- Thoroughly grease a baking tray with melted butter. Lay the phyllo dough on a clean work surface near the tray.
- Line the tray with a sheet of phyllo and brush with melted butter.
- Continue in this way with five more phyllo sheets, buttering each layer well.
- Place the nut mixture on top (do not press down), then cover with the rest of the phyllo sheets, generously brushing as you layer them.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the layers into parallel lines to create diamond shapes. Bake for 1 hour.
- When the baklava is golden, remove it from the oven.
- Once it has reached room temperature, pour the syrup over the top of the baklava and return it to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Decorate the baklava with crushed pistachios.
- Remove and let it cool completely, by which time it should have absorbed almost all the syrup.
- Run a knife along the lines to loosen them before removing the pieces from the tray.
For the Syrup:
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 2/3 cup of water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a saucepan, add the sugar, honey, water, lemon juice, and cloves.
- Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar, then simmer for about 10 minutes until it is syrupy.
- Remove from heat and let it cool completely.
More Baklava Recipes